IPLWIN-BET Privacy Statement
1. General Rules
Information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment profile information, payment information, support requests, wagering history, chat comments, etc., is referred to as “Personal Data.” This Policy does not apply if your identity cannot be verified (for instance, if personal data is compiled and anonymized).
This policy could change at any time. If there are any substantial changes, we will let you know about them—typically by emailing you or putting a notice on the website.
2. What information we collect and how
We gather and process your personal data when you use our services or visit our website. The following categories apply to the ways we gather data:
- The details you voluntarily provide to us. We may ask you for personal information when you visit our website, use any of its features, or utilize our services. For instance, when you contact us with inquiries or support requests, we might ask you for contact information or certain documents as part of the registration, verification, and anti-fraud or anti-money laundering processes.
- Automatic information collection. When you visit our website, we automatically log information about you, including your IP address, operating system, device type, browser type, settings, problem reports, system activity, and the date, time, and website address from which you linked to us. We can better understand how you use our site and services thanks to the help of this information, which enables us to give you the best service possible. For instance, we may establish your language preference using data from your browser.
Some of this data is gathered through third-party applications like Google Analytics, cookies, and other tracking technologies.
We also keep records of your account activity and the transactions you’ve had with us.
On occasion, we might obtain your personal data through other sources, like publicly accessible information or reliable third parties, like our payment service providers. In order to better understand, personalize, and improve our Services as well as to confirm the Personal Information you supply to us, we use this data to further refine your Personal Information.
3. The legality of data collection
When we gather personal information, we only process it if there are legitimate reasons allowed by the applicable data protection regulations. Such legal justifications include:
- Contractual Execution. If it’s essential for the completion of the contract, we may process your personal information. For instance, you and we enter into a contract when you register on the website, or when we execute contractually required acts, including conducting business on the websites.
Some obligations are placed on us by various laws and regulations. In order to fulfill these duties, such as those related to responsible gaming mandates, anti-money laundering regulations, and the terms of our gaming license, we must process your personal data.
Your personal information might be handled if we, other members of our group, or outside parties need to process it for business or commercial purposes.
- Your agreement. We may use your Personal Data for specific, limited purposes with your consent, such as when it’s required for direct marketing.
4. Personal data usage
Usage of your private information (legal basis):
- to maintain the functionality of our websites and services and to deliver the Services you have requested;
- to set up and manage your account as well as to confirm your eligibility to access specific Services, including confirming your identity, age, location, and opt-out status;
- to fulfill our legal rights, responsibilities, and duties, abide by the regulations set forth in our gaming license, and prohibit illicit actions like match-fixing and money laundering;
- for customer service, including help with addressing any issues with the websites or services, whether they be technical, financial, or otherwise;
- to make our websites and services better, we test and create new features, analyze our websites and services technically, and build new tools for you to use more efficiently;
- to safeguard network and information security, reduce risks, find and stop any fraudulent or malicious behavior, ensure fair use of our websites and services, and ensure compliance with the Agreement. To protect you, other users, and us;
- to produce statistics, including anonymous summary analyses and reports, and analyze and synthesize data for internal use, public release, or dissemination to third parties.
- to manage, carry out, and verify financial transactions;
- to examine your own potential for fraud and confirm your information with credit bureaus, identity verification companies, and financial institutions;
- to make sure they have a responsible attitude toward the game, assess their playing conduct;
- to monitor gaming activity and manage our possibilities and risks;
- to make use of our rights as outlined in the Agreement or any contracts we have with you;
- to create a communication and friendship with you. Operational communications like reports of changes to our Websites or Services, details about new features, bonuses, and promotions, security updates, or help using our Websites and Services, marketing communications, and the provision of information that you have asked for or that we are required to give you are a few examples of what this could entail.
5. How we might share your private information
Your personal information might need to be shared with outside parties. We might share your personal data with:
- external service providers and collaborators that assist us in delivering the websites and services you request, such as those who operate the websites and services or offer access to them, or those who advertise our websites and services;
- regulators, law enforcement, governmental agencies, courts, fraud prevention organizations, licensing authorities, regional esports organizations, or other third parties where we deem it necessary to comply with pertinent laws and regulations or to enforce, establish, and protect our legal rights (we will notify such disclosures where possible and appropriate).
6. Global data transmission
When information is processed and sent, it could do so in a nation other than the one where you now reside. There is a chance that the legislation of these nations will differ from your own. We take security measures to safeguard your personal information whenever we process it overseas.
This implies that your data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for those who reside there. If your data is transferred outside the EEA, it will go to nations where we have put in place the proper safeguards to secure it, most notably the adoption of the standard contractual terms established by the European Commission in agreements with organizations to which the data is transferred.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and adopting the necessary organizational and technical precautions, including:
- Data protection. We use the industry standard TLS to encrypt all data we exchange with you in order to safeguard your personal and financial information (Transport Layer Security). Additionally, your data is kept on our servers and encryptedly transferred between our data centers for backup and replication purposes.
- Limited Access. Personal Data is only accessible to our employees, contractors, and agents that require it for processing.
- Network safety. A multi-layered security system that comprises firewalls, intrusion protection systems, and network segmentation guards against unauthorized access to both internal and external portions of our network space. Best practices are used to configure, operate, and maintain our security systems. To safeguard our systems, we work together with top security suppliers, drawing on their knowledge and threat intelligence.
- Independent data centers. Our servers are housed in commercial-grade data centers with advanced security measures to guard against unauthorized physical access to the protected servers. These security measures comprise round-the-clock monitoring and surveillance, on-site security officers, and routine security inspections. In order to reduce the risk of data loss or disturbance, we use geographically independent data copies.
- Monitoring for security. To find and eliminate threats, our security service constantly scans all systems’ security, event logs, notifications, and alerts.
8. Data archiving
Some of the data can be removed whenever you like, while some data is automatically deleted and some data is kept for longer if necessary. We make sure to safely and totally remove your data from our systems when we destroy it, or we only keep it anonymously. Unless it is erased, information is kept.
We provide a number of options that let you update or remove information linked to or kept in your account. You can, for instance:
- Modify your personal details,
- Remove a chat message from the window, or
- Completely delete the account.
We store your account information until your account is closed and thereafter for five years following your closure (if applicable) or your last contact with us in order to comply with regulatory requirements, legal duties, and to prevent any claim against us.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to keep some information for specific reasons and for an extended period of time due to business and legal considerations. For instance, as required by Responsible Gambling, we keep an individual’s Personal Information longer if they have chosen not to use our services.
These are some justifications for data retention:
- Safeguard you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, criminal conduct, and unauthorized access, for instance, when someone is suspected of committing fraud, rigging matches, or money laundering.
- Observance of a relevant law, rule, court case, executive government request, or the requirement to enforce an agreement, including looking into potential infractions.
- Preserving our services for use by both you and other users.
- If you get in touch with us directly, like by sending a message through the support channel or reporting a bug.
We commit to safeguarding the privacy of your personal information and to collecting, using, and/or storing it in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, including, in particular, the provisions of applicable data protection (country) laws and other International Data Protection Regulations like the EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (hereinafter “Data Protection Laws”).
9. Your Rights
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- See what personal data we hold about you.
- Inaccurate information about you should be corrected, or you can request that we do so.
- Get access to your personal information and ask for a machine-readable copy, if you want to back it up, for instance.
When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, you have the right to object. Please be aware that we reserve the right to continue processing your personal information if there are other pertinent legitimate grounds or compelling reasons that outweigh your rights, interests, and freedoms.
Only if (1) we no longer need to process your personal data, (2) you have withdrawn your consent to processing and your consent was the legal basis for processing your data, (3) you have exercised your right to object and no legal basis for further processing your data applies, and (4) your personal data has been processed, may you request that we delete your personal data, including your account illegally, (5) or deletion of your personal data is required to abide by a legal requirement.
Please be aware that we will not delete data and will keep it, especially if doing so is required to uphold our legitimate interests, which prevail over your claim, to uphold legal duties, or, if necessary, to establish, exercise, or defend against legal claims.
Request that we limit how we can use your personal data in certain situations.
If your consent was required for the processing of personal data, you may withdraw it earlier. Be aware that we may continue to process your Personal Data for further valid legal justifications. Contact your local data protection authority with a complaint.
By modifying your account settings or sending an email to Our Help Team, you can always exercise your rights. You must authenticate yourself before you may carry out the required tasks.
Please send us an email if there is anything wrong with the way we handled your personal data. We’ll take your complaint under consideration and do our best to respond to you in a timely manner.